City of Amsterdam is one of the most bicycle-friendly large cities in the world and is a centre of bicycle culture with a good cyclist infrastructure. Therefore there is a pressing need for a quality maintenance of bike lanes, racks, poles and different types of bike infrastructure on regular basis.
- Need to map out statuses of many bike poles in the district
- Possibility to display all the bike poles in one map
- Ability to assign monitoring statuses to each of the bike poles
As District East has many bike lanes, in order to prevent cars from entering these lanes, specific poles are used to block access. After a specific time, these poles need to be checked and possibly replaced to conform to the latest standards. The workflow would start by checking the poles manually and assigning a status to them. To do that City of Amsterdam turned to GIS Cloud and its solutions.
Mobile Data Collection is an ideal solution for city of Amsterdam as it provides them with an interactive tool for collecting information on bike poles. They created an interactive map of bike poles in Map Editor with a layer that had an associated custom form to it. By accessing the mobile app, populating the form with information (including photos) on each of the pole was a simple and user-friendly process. This easy to use solution completely eliminated the need for any unnecessary paper and allowed the monitoring staff to quickly and effectively resolve their tasks.
Mapping overview of maintenance work that needs to be done and has been classified in removable (red dots), sinkable (blue dots) and non – removable (green dots) bike poles in Distric East
- An interactive overview of all the bike poles in one map, with the ability to assign (monitoring) statuses.
- Possibility to create custom forms with as many fields as needed (including different types of media like photos and audio)
- User friendly solution that increases the workflow efficiency