Note: To preform Buffer or any other analysis, layer must reside in the Database.
Buffer analysis creates buffer polygon to a specified distance around the point, line or polygon features. You can identify whether there are objects of interest inside or outside the zone and make conclusions based on this analysis.
To perform Buffer analysis:
- Select Analysis tab.
- Click Buffer icon.
- Write Analysis name.
- Select database layer from the dropdown to perform analysis on.
- Define buffer distance and the unit of measure.
- Choose whether you want to group (merge) buffers.
- Define the symbology of the buffer polygon.
- Click Show buffer button.