Publisher for ArcMap
The GIS Cloud Publisher for ArcMap extension enables you to publish your maps from ArcMap to GIS Cloud. It automatically uploads your data, symbology and layer structure. The idea is that what you see in your desktop GIS is instantly replicated on your GIS Cloud account.
Download and enable GIS Cloud Publisher extension
The extension is compatible with ArcGIS 9.x and 10.0+. You can download it from the following link: GIS Cloud Publisher for ArcMap (600kB)
Note: If you don’t have 4.5.NET installed on your computer, install it before installing Publisher for ArcMap extension. Also make sure that firewall is not blocking the app.
To enable extension in the ArcMap:
Publish data to the GIS Cloud
- Open GIS Cloud Publisher extension from the ArcMap ribbon.
- Login with your GIS Cloud credentials.
- Set up publish options, select layers you want to publish and define map visibility.
- Click Publish button and wait until you see “Map is published” message.
Review data in the GIS Cloud
When data is published click on the link in the Publisher to open a map in the GIS Cloud.
- Login in the GIS Cloud map Editor with your GIS Cloud credentials.
- Open your newly created map.
- Select a layer and click Zoom to layer option from the Layer tab.
Note: make sure that layers in the ArcMap are not within folders otherwise layers will not be imported in the GIS Cloud.
Here you can find info on how to edit layers.