If the data is collected in the area with poor or no Internet connection or if it is too expensive to use mobile data, Offline maps can be used to download the project on the mobile device to collect data even when there is no Internet connection.
In offline mode it is not possible to log in or out or switch between maps and projects.
All the data collected offline can be found in the queue. Once the mobile device is connected to the internet, the collected submissions will be immediately sent.
If there are more layers on the map, it will take substantially more time for download. More map levels will be downloaded in areas where the features are positioned.
Offline maps support all types of vector layers. For now, rasters are not supported in the offline mode.
Basemaps supported in offline mode are:
- Open Street Maps
- Mapbox Streets
- Mapbox Light
- Mapbox Dark
- Mapbox Satellite
- Mapbox Satellite Streets
All other basemaps will be converted to Open Street Maps.
Download offline map
- Make sure that the mobile device is connected to the Internet.
- Open the project in Mobile Data Collection app.
- Go to Settings and tap Offline maps button.
- Tap download map button on the top of the screen.
- Wait until the map is downloaded.
- When size of the map and last modified date appears, the map is ready for offline collection.
Note: If there are more layers on the map, it will take substantially more time for download. More map levels will be downloaded in areas where the features are positioned.