Introducing Map Editor
What is Map Editor?
GIS Cloud’s Map Editor is a powerful cloud based map editor that enables you to easily build and share your maps. It supports number of vector and raster formats, rich GIS symbology and it has built-in collaboration capabilities.
Developed on the latest HTML5 technologies, it is the first of its kind application with full vector-based editing and real-time updates to the geo database.
Why Map Editor?
- Create and edit maps, layers and features (points, lines and polygons)
- Rich GIS symbology with customizable rules (expressions), thematic map wizards and powerful label management
- Supports multiple vector and raster formats (.shp, .kml, .gpx, .tif, .sid, …)
- Edit spatial and non-spatial data
Data Sources & Management
- Upload and sync data (files, DB, API)
- Supporting multiple sources: vectors, rasters, WMS, ESRI ArcMap, Basemaps (Google Maps, Bing, …), Mobile devices, MapBox, PostgreSQL, Excel, CSV, …
- File and database manager
- Tabular and window pop-up for non-spatial data view with attribute aliases, filtering and re-ordering
- One-click map sharing with other GIS Cloud users
- Share with view or edit capabilities
- Share over permalink
- Per layer sharing permission settings
Publishing and Export
- Easily publish your maps through the embed code, WMS and Google Maps
- Customize and integrate using the API
- Export maps to high resolution raster imager
- Export vector layers to spatial vector formats (.shp, .mif, .kml, …)
Spatial Queries & Analysis
- Do hotspot, buffer, area & radius coverage analysis
- Write complex spatial selection expressions using spatial selection wizard
- Create new layers from a selection