Layer appearance can be adjusted in Layer Properties window.
- Double click on the layer to open the Layer Properties.
- Click on the colored square.
- Appearance dialog will open with three tabs: Style, Label and Levels
Under the Style tab it is possible to set visual settings: colors, symbology, line width, hatch patterns.
Color can be chosen using a color diagram or by inserting HEX color code.
For the point layers, it is possible to add predefined symbols, upload existing symbols or create a custom symbol.
- Browse – browse for a uploaded symbol in the File System.
- Custom – set a custom symbol.
- Clear – clear symbology.
- Overlap – depending of the overlap level different number of the symbols will be displayed on the certain zoom level.
- Avoid symbol overlapping is the fastest method.
- Show all symbols but it may affect performance.
- Clustering – system groups a densely points into the one point, depending of the zoom level.
- Predefined icons select from the dropdown menu predefined icons, their size and color.
For the line layers it is possible to set:
- Line Color
- Border Color
- Line width
- Dashed line – specify the dash setting. It takes an array of numbers. Numbers are specifying the sequence of dash/space/dash/space etc. When finished the sequence repeats itself to the end of the line.
- Some examples:
- Dashed line set to 5 – a basic setting that will result in a dashed line where both the dashes and spaces are 5 pixels in size.
- Dashed line set to 1,2 – a setting that will result in a dotted line where the dashes are 1 pixel in size and the spaces are 2 pixels.
- Dashed line set to 2,3 – another dashed line but with small dashes.
- Dashed line set to 5,5,2,2 – a setting where the first dash is five pixels, then a space of five pixels, then a dash of two pixels, then a space of two pixels, then the sequence starts again.
Under the Style tab for raster layers it is possible to rescale the input pixels from the source range to the destination range. Each raster has an input range of colors. The range has values between 0 and 255 where each value represents one color. It is possible to change the range of colors in the raster by changing the values in the destination range.
It is also possible to change the output format for the raster on the map. This option is usually used when the black edges in rasters are removed. Click here for detailed instructions.
Permanent labels are always visible on the map. Label displays feature’s attribute data. It is possible to adjust position, fonts, colors and placement. Labels are scaled depending on the zoom level depending on the density of the features.
- Under the Label dropdown select a column you want to display as a label.
- Optionally set Placement, Margin, Font, Font Size and Color and Outline Color.
It is possible to set a range when the geometry will be visible. Current zoom level is written in the box on the right side.
Click here for a quick video tutorial.
You can modify the display of a layer based on values of its attributes. Operations can be performed based on distinct or continuous values.
- You can manually set a expression or add a label which will be displayed in the Layer List.
- Set category visibility.
- Hold the mouse button to drag the expression to a different position.
- Select Appearance to change the defined color.
- Remove or add expressions.