WMS as a Data Source
Web Map Service may be accessed through the Datasource Manager.
To add WMS into the Datasource Manager:
- Select Datasource Manager from the Tools tab.
- Click Add WMS in the Source Browser.
- Write a WMS name and URL of the dataset.
- Click Get Info button.
- Select one of available WMS versions (1.0.0, 1.1.1 or 1.3.0)
- Click Save and add a WMS to the map.
Note: in the WMS URL delete part from question mark to the end of the URL e.g.:
WMS is added to a map as shown below:
- Select Add Layer from the Layer tab or Map tab.
- Select Web Feature Service in the Source Browser.
- Select WMS from the Source Browser and select WMS sublayer.
- If you have a basemap (Mapbox, Bing, OSM etc.) in the map, adjust projection to EPSG:900913.
- Click Select button.
Note: it is possible to add username and password protected WMS e.g. http://username:firstname.lastname@example.org.