WMS as a Data Source
Web Map Service may be accessed through the Datasource Manager.
To add WMS into the Datasource Manager:
- Select Datasource Manager from the Tools tab.
- Click Add WMS in the Source Browser.
- Write a WMS name and URL of the dataset.
- Click Get Info button.
- Select one of available WMS versions (1.0.0, 1.1.1 or 1.3.0)
- Click Save and add a WMS to the map.
Note: in the WMS URL delete part from question mark to the end of the URL e.g.:
WMS is added to a map as shown below:
- Select Add Layer from the Layer tab or Map tab.
- Select Web Feature Service in the Source Browser.
- Select WMS from the Source Browser and select WMS sublayer.
- If you have a basemap (Mapbox, Bing, OSM etc.) in the map, adjust projection to EPSG:900913.
- Click Select button.
Add password protected WMS
It is possible to add password protected WMS layers in GIS Cloud, but it has to be organized in a way the system can recognize it. Username and password have to be included in the WMS URL and saved in GIS Cloud Source Browser.
- Open Map Editor and Source browser.
- Click add WMS.
- In URL box add WMS URL together with username and password. The URL have to have structure like this:
- “username” username of the user which has the access to WMS
- “:” delimiter
- “password” password of the user which has the access to WMS
- “@” delimiter
- “wms_url_example.com” URL of the WMS
Example of the password protected WMS: http://test:email@example.com/wms/toporama_en