Create a New Map
The map is created in the following way:
- Open Map Editor and login with your GIS Cloud credentials
- From the Home tab select Create New Map
- Write the name and select one of the basemaps
Additional information can be accessed and edited from the Map Properties tool. Three types of settings are available – main map Information, Advanced settings and Map Options.
You can set following parameters:
Map Copyright – Allows for text to appear in the lower right corner of the map.
Projection – Select or change a projection from the list. Note that for maps with basemaps it is not possible to a change a projection.
The projection can be defined by:
- Searching for a projection by entering its EPSG number or
- Searching for a projection by using keywords
Map units – Select from Meter, Degree, Foot or Foot_us.
- Background color – Defines background of the Map View.
- Bounds – saves coordinates of your current view or manually imputed coordinates. Every time you refresh your map or click on View entire map you get the view extent of a map you bounded to.
- Clear map tiles – if you experience any problems with the map display, you can clear layer tiles or reinitialize the map.