It is possible to set up automatic periodic backup of your GIS Cloud data.
Script for setting up the automatic backup of your data from GIS Cloud can be found here.
Download and unzip backup script.
Generate new API key
First, you need to generate new API key through Map Editor:
- Open My Account in Map Editor.
- Open API Access tab.
- Type in new name for the key in New API key description and click Add key.
Note: Copy the created key as you will need it for the later use in following steps!
Finding layer ID
Besides an API key, we will need an ID of the layer which we would like to backup:
- Open the map in which the layer is added.
- Go to the Layer Properties (Layers tab – Edit layer).
- Under General tab click More info button.
- Copy the layer ID as you will need it for the later use in following steps!
Create new task in Task Scheduler for Windows
In this example we will use the Task Scheduler to create a new task.
Note: you can access Task Scheduler in Control Panel – System and Security – Administrative Tools – Task Scheduler.
- Define the name for a new backup task in the General tab.
- Create the trigger for initialization of the backup process.
- Create an action for the new trigger.
- In the Program/script browse to the gc-export-shape.wsf file (E.g. C:\Users\Tat\Documents\bcp_script\gc-export-shape.wsf)
- In the Add arguments box copy API key, layer ID and path to the location in which data will be stored (/layer:347992 /apikey:9b2095dc954697e0039be4ebb63ea0ff /dest:”C:\\Users\\Tat\\Documents\\data_bcp”).
To create an action we will need an API key, layer ID, path to the script and path to the location in which data will be stored (more details can be found in “readme.txt” file).
These steps will ensure that your backup is done by the defined parameters. Also, you can run it manually at any point.
Note: You can only backup layers which you can also export from Map Editor and it is necessary that the computer is turned on at the time of the backup.