Removing black edges from rasters
It is possible to remove black edges from the georeferenced rasters in GIS Cloud Map Editor.
Note: only RGB rasters are supported.
- Add georeferenced raster on a map in Map Editor.
- Open Layer Properties (Layer tab – Edit layer).
- Click on the white box under Appearance.
- Set NoData value to 0 and under Output format select PNG.
- Click OK and Save.
Repeat process for the each raster in the map.
If black edges didn’t disappear please check:
- Only RGB (3-band) rasters are supported
- NoValue data is usually 0, but it can be different too. Try adjusting NoData Value to 1,2,3 etc.
- If the edges are white, set NoData Value to 255
- If there are some “crumbs” left in place of black edges, it is necessary to adjust the source range. Source range is by default set from 0 to 255. If there are “crumbs” left, that means that black edge was not black but a shade different. You can try to adjust the source to e.g. 5 to 255. Values from 0 to 4 will be hidden.