Encouraged by a great interest for “GIS Solutions for Smart Cities of the 21st Century” webinar, we decided to start with a series of Smart City short webinars, designed specifically for one segment of possible GIS applications for a Smart City.
First webinar in the series is titled GIS Cloud Smart Cities : City Portal, scheduled for next Thursday, February 11, 2016.
A great City Portal is the face of a city, providing an incredible amount of information in just a blink of an eye. Knowing that the key for becoming a smart government is in fresh, accessible and accurate information, city web map is a very good initial step towards being a smart government. Also, it is an excellent source for gaining citizen feedback about government and city infrastructure, resources, projects and much more. Moreover, City Map Portal may serve as a way to drive citizen engagement in a quick and efficient way.
Portal has allowed me to create very detailed and information rich web mapping application with limited resources. (Josh Forner, City of Darwin)
Webinar Time and Date:
Thursday, February 11, 2016 at:
8:00am PST 11:00am EST 5:00 PM CET
Following Topics Will Be Covered:
- Why City Map Portal is a good way to make your city or organization smarter
- How to use Map Portal to drive citizen engagement
- Various applications of Map Portal for numerous departments
- Using Map Portal for federal and local governments, consultants and anyone who wants to show their data to larger public.
- Real-Life Examples: City of Canton, City of Darwin and others
Who Should Attend:
- Local and federal governments and their departments whose goal is to drive citizen engagement with smart solutions
- Local governments interested in Smart City projects
- Consultants who want to help their clients setup a custom branded application
- All organizations who want to show their public data to a larger audience
For more updates from GIS Cloud, follow us on LinkedIn.