Hey GIS Cloud Community,
Last week we covered how easy it is to create a project and start your field collection with GIS Cloud apps. This week we are going a bit further and will show you how to review and update your formerly collected data. Also, as promised, check out our MDC Special Offer and contact us!
Special Offer 1+1=3?
Yes, we passed our Math exams in elementary school, don’t worry. It is just us trying to be witty about our new special offer. For every 2 MDC licenses you buy, you get 1 license for free. It is simple as that!
In other words:
- you buy 2 MDC licenses for let’s say 2 months, you get one MDC license for these 2 months for free
- volume and period (6 months and annual) discounts still apply!
- special offer will end on April 30th
Claim your offer today!
Review and Update your data in 6 steps
Review and update the status and conditions of your assets with the current and accurate information
- Upload your existing data to the Map Editor app.
Side note: Be sure to add your data from your database
- Create a custom form in Forms Manager using a ‘create from layer’ option and save it.
Side note: double check your data is added from the database because repetitio est mater studiorum (repetition is mother of learning)
- Access your form through Mobile Data Collection app under Maps & Layers Tab and:
- Choose the map in which you have imported your data
- Choose the layer based on which you created your form on
Side note: Projects tab refers to Mobile Data Portal application
- Option A is to update your data by simply populating the form you created with the newly collected data
Side note: Do it even in an offline mode
- Option B is to review your data directly in the app:
- Click on the Map tab in your Settings
- Once you are in the map click on the location you want to review and click on the edit button
- Click on the accept edit button once you are done with the review
Side note: You can add layers and change base maps in Map Editor app, and changes will be seen in your MDC mobile app
- Check out your work in Map Editor where all the changes you did (update and review) have been recorded in real time.
Side note: Do it with multiple users simultaneously from different locations (different cities, countries, continents – sky’s the limit…literally – not available in the Universe…yet).
* for more detailed information please visit our user manual.