Hey GIS Cloud Community,
As Spring has just started and with the field season coming up for many, it is time to focus on what GIS Cloud can do better for you while being outside the office. This month we would like you to start enjoying the advantages of our apps in the field, create projects and collect data. Additionally, keep a close eye on our blog as we will be releasing different case studies, special offers and muuch more.
Do you wonder how easy it is to start using our mobile app and create your field data collection project?
We say it is easier than one, two, three…but we will let you be the judge of that.
Create a project for field data collection
Side fact: remote areas are more prone to have no or very limited internet connectivity, so how cool it is that we have an offline mode for data collection (and offline maps coming up!).
Make it happen in only 5 steps, while drinking your first coffee of the day
Fun fact: first cup always tastes better than the second one.
- First of all sign up!
(if you haven’t already)
Cool fact: all of our apps are cloud based so you can use them from any location in the world – it’s the cloud revolution!
- Log in to Mobile Data Collection Portal.
Cool fact: MDC Portal is free of charge!
- Click Create new project and start designing a custom form specific to your needs
Cool fact: your form can have as many fields as you want, and the variety of field types from which you can choose from is constantly upgrading based on your feedback.
- Log into Mobile Data Collection app on your device, select the project you created with the form associated, and start collecting!
Cool fact: you can edit the data while being in the field and improve your GPS accuracy with pinpoint tool.
- This is just to tell you how awesome you did in previous steps. Take a moment and imagine how efficient and great your upcoming field season and data collection projects will be.
- Export all of your data in a .csv format that contains the links to your photos (enables you to have all of your data in one place, save a hard copy of your data and print it out).
- Create a report and save it to your desktop (ctrl + s) in a form of a folder that contains all of your data and photos (zip your folder, save your collected data or send it to various clients)
More info about MDC:
Mobile Data Collection is a tool for iOS and Android devices which allow you to collect data from the field in real time, populate custom forms and work even in an offline mode. This app gives you the possibility of collecting accurate and timely information which increases productivity and reduces response time.
- Real time data collection
- Review and edit possibilities of attributes and media collected within the app itself
- View and explore maps in the field
- Create custom forms with as many fields as you need (Photos, Audio, QR/Barcodes, GPS Headings…) using Map Editor or Mobile Data Collection Portal
- Enhance your GPS accuracy with Pinpoint tool
- Collect your data by having multiple users collect simultaneously
- Manage your data collection with different permissions
- Offline maps